From the moment this new member of your family arrives, their life seems to go by like a blur. The first couple of weeks are precious moments in every newborn’s life. Their innocence and delicateness is an image that you will never want to leave your mind, babies are so vulnerable, honest and pure, so please don’t let this sweet authentic time go by not documented with your own gorgeous images. My studio is at Ormeau Hills which is perfect for anyone traveling from either Gold Coast or Brisbane.
Being a mother myself, I can totally relate to how hard it is to get out of the house in those first few weeks after your new baby arrives. However, little bubba’s grow so quickly and are generally a lot more sleepy and tolerant of being moved around into different positions between 4-10 days. Of course, I can capture them up to six weeks as a newborn; however, we won’t be able to achieve those sweet curled up sleepy images.
This makes contacting me to book in during your pregnancy essential to ensure you don’t miss out. We will make a tentative booking based on your due date, and then as soon as your new baby arrives contact me straight away so we can make a firm booking within 10 days.
My studio is based in Yatala between Brisbane and the Gold Coast. I have a wide range of props and handmade items that will help suit your individual needs. The studio can get a bit warm in the Gold Coast weather, and leave your bub wanting a couple of extra top up feeds while they are here.
Before you arrive
To help make sure you have a happy and sleepy baby before your newborn photography session, follow these tips:
- Dress your bub in something that is easy to remove (and that doesn’t go over their head, no singlet and a warm little onesie is perfect).
- We try and keep your baby asleep after your car ride. A removable car seat will be your saviour for this.
- Give your bub a big feed prior to the session. They will also need a couple of top up feeds from the warmth and stimulation of the studio.
For mum and dad, even though your newborn photography session will focus on your new bub, I will sneak you into a few photos. Make sure you are wearing simple clothes with no logos or patterns. Try to keep you colour choices to earthy tones, creams, pastels, black, or navy).
Make sure you don’t forget to pack plenty of nappies, wipes, spare clothes, and wraps. Bring some formula if needed (one bottle is simply not enough) and a dummy to help settle bub if you are comfortable.
A newborn photography session that captures those cherished first few moments costs $175 and includes:
- 2-4 hours on location or studio photo session
- Clothing & Location consultation either by phone or email
- Use of a wide range of internationally sourced, handmade beanies, wraps, throws, maternity gowns, blankets and unique props
- Studio viewing and ordering session with myself who will share with you professionally edited images for you to choose from ~ online gallery available for interstate or country region clients
For an even bigger discount, book a combined Maternity/ Newborn photography session and pay just $275.
I know you will want these photos up on your walls as soon as possible as your bub will quickly begin to transform before your eyes. I have a range of Portrait and Digital collections that you can choose from, and lay by is available for purchases over $1,000.