Kids grow up so fast, and life never seems to slow down. Sometimes I wish there was a pause button so we could enjoy every moment that little bit longer. Thankfully, there is another way.
A family photography session is the perfect way to bring families together and capture memories. Whether your kids are babes or at that lanky teenage stage, I love finding family’s personalities and helping capture those natural moments of love for you to cherish forever.
When it comes to choosing what to wear for your family photography shoot, start with deciding on 3 different colours tones and styles that you like and build your wardrobe from there.
If you are feeling overwhelmed with choices, don’t hesitate to contact me! I always offer a clothing consultation on the phone to help make the process stress free and in the information booklet you receive once you have booked, there is heaps of examples and ideas to help you. At the end of the day, all you really need to wear is a smile!
What to bring:
- Clothing and accessories as needed (some clients even bring their kids clothes with them so that they don’t get messy during the car ride)
- Chap-stick or lip gloss (chapped lips are hard to Photoshop out)
- If you like to be extra prepared: snacks and a favourite toy (some kids can start to feel overwhelmed at the session, and something familiar will help distract and entertain them).
During the session, all you need to do is sit back and relax while leaving all the hard work up to me. Don’t get frustrated if your session doesn’t seem to be going as you planned. It is my job to catch the beautiful moments amongst the chaos. Children are unpredictable, but I am ready for anything! I will give you directions throughout your family photography session, and all you need to do is match your children’s energy, be fun and show them love. There is always one child who just does not want to be photographed, but don’t worry! I have a bunch of tricks and techniques (and lame jokes) that will help them find the fun.
A family photography session costs $175 for up to 8 people
- 1 hour on location or studio family photography session
- Clothing & Location consultation either by phone or email
- Studio viewing and ordering session with myself who will share with you professionally edited images for you to choose from ~ online gallery available for interstate or country region clients
Ask about my Portrait and Digital collections to ensure your prints of your family art are up on your walls as soon as they can be.